Prepare to set sail and explore the turbulent Caribbean as Kalypso Media has today announced that their trading/economic simulation game, Port Royale 3, will be releasing as a comprehensive Gold Edition on PlayStation®3 and Windows PC later this month. It will be available as a digital download bundle via Steam (and other digital download portals) and the PlayStation®Store. Port Royale 3 Gold contains the full version of the multiple award-winning strategy game Port Royale 3, as well as the official expansion pack “Treasure Island”; featuring an all new pirate campaign as well as the micro expansions “Harbour Master” and “New Adventures”.
In Port Royale 3 Gold, players will embark on an epic adventure through the Caribbean during the turbulent 17th Century where the naval powers of Spain, England, France and the Netherlands fight for supremacy throughout the colonies. Take on the role of a young captain trying to build his fortune and reputation in the new world where three expansive campaigns offer three different paths for the young protagonist to follow: adventurer, trader and pirate.
For those eager to stretch their skills further there is the scenario mode where players will find several demanding challenges in the fields of trade, adventure and piracy. Additionally, following the successful completion of a scenario, each player will receive a score based on their performance, which can be compared to other Port Royale 3 players in the online rankings.
Features of Port Royale 3 Gold
- Three unique single-player campaigns: the trader, the adventurer and the pirate campaign.
- Exciting naval battles, plundering and invasions await adventurous players, while immeasurable wealth and power are waiting for trade-oriented players.
- 16 different ship types, such as the powerful Galleon or versatile Frigates.
- Huge gameplay map with 60 completely different towns, from Port-au-Prince to Tortuga.
- Competitive multiplayer mode for up to four players (PC only).
- A comprehensive trade system, with supply and demand dynamically setting the price of goods and wares, like in the real world.
‘Harbour Master’ is the first of three additional content packages for ‘Port Royale 3’, and is now available for Xbox 360® and PlayStation®3. ‘Harbour Master’ allows you to manually increase the units of your city’s defense and build ships in your own shipyard. In addition there are six new buildings, your very own economic advisor and numerous ways to decorate your cities with new plants, statues and pavings.
Sony Entertainment Network
Everybody who looks for new challenges should try the New Adventures-DLC. Five new scenarios are waiting for you, each one with unique task that will let you experience unseen and thrilling situations. So you will help the city of Corpus Christi in “The Ascension of Christi” to become rich and well-respected within a short time or you have to organize the biggest party the Caribbean has ever seen in “The Big Party”. For that you have to get a huge amount of resources to the Florida Keys in a fairly short amount of time. New Adventures will feature a ranking system including an Ironman mode and online-high-score-lists, in which players can compare each other. The new adventures are waiting for you!
The New Adventures DLC for Windows PC is available now for £4.49/€4.99 via Steam and the Kalypso Launcher.
– Five new scenarios bring a breath of fresh air into the Caribbean and challenge you with interesting tasks
– Ironman-mode for very ambitious players
– Ranking-system with a global online-high-score-list for normal as well as Ironman-mode
The new DLC, “Dawn of Pirates”, adds a new campaign to the Caribbean empire-building game along with unlocking online leaderboards and an “Ironman” mode. In the new campaign, players will set sail as the scourge of the seas – a bloodthirsty treasure-seeking pirate.
The Dawn of Pirates DLC for Windows PC is available now for £4.49/€4.99 via Steam and the Kalypso Launcher.
Dawn of Pirates offers you a whole new single-player campaign in which you get to stir up trouble in the Caribbean — as a pirate. Your aim in this DLC is to become the most notorious pirate in the Caribbean by raiding and plundering unsuspecting cities and poorly guarded convoys on the high seas. A new pirate-themed campaign offer players the chance to enjoy Port Royale 3 from the view of one of their most challenging foes! Arrr matey, what are you waiting for? Set sail!
Features of the Dawn of Pirates DLC:
– A new pirate-themed campaign with adjusted interface and gameplay
– Ironman-mode challenges you to play through the campaign without save-points
– An online ranking-system with a global high-score-list for Normal as well as Ironman modes
Today the DLC “Harbour Master” and Port Royale 3 Update 1.3 have been released.
With the Harbour Master DLC you can enhance Port Royale 3 with six completely new building types, several decoration objects for your cities and with an economic adviser, who will give you useful hints. In addition you will now have more control over the defence of your cities and you will be able to build ships on your own!
– Six new buildings (e.g. embassy or fire department)
– Decoration objects like plants, statues or several pavings
– More control over the extension of the defence lines
– Economic adviser who gives useful advice when necessary
– Build your own ships
The Harbour Master DLC is available via online distributors like Kalypso Launcher
and via Steam
The update 1.3 is now available and can be downloaded via Kalypso Launcher and Steam.
• F5 can now be used for quick save anytime
• Alt-Key will show all trading routes. Single routes can be selected by clicking
• Increased maximum amount of ammunition for convoys
• Several minor bugfixes
• Several balancing adjustments
• Introduced game speed x0.1 for multiplayer modes